Thursday 18th August – From Venice to Pisa to Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
August 18th 2011
Published: September 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

Tim and Steve attempting to 'plank' Tom above the Leaning Tower of Pisa
Just the ususal morning routine today... tents, lilos and bags on the bus by 7.30 then brekkie then we left. We had another long bus drive today but watched movies and had music playing. We stopped off at Pisa for about an hour so we could all take our creative photos of the Leaning Tower of Pisa... it is amazing to see it up close and the massive angle it is on but then be told it is only on an angle of about 4.? degrees... not a lot in the big scheme of things! We had been warned by our tour leader about the African men who try and sell stuff to you and he wasn't wrong... the second we were off the bus they were walking up to us trying to sell us umbrellas, bags, sunnies and the funniest was 'genuine Rolex watches'... YEA RIGHT! It was blimin' hot there... we reckoned it was about 40 degrees so it made it hot when taking our photos but I'm certainly not complaining about the weather... yet!
After our hour we were back on the bus and heading to Florence. We did the usual setting up of the tents, blowing up
Photo 3Photo 3Photo 3

Me holding the tower up
the lilos and unpacking everything... again! After that we decided to head into town together to have tea... we went to a pizza place where the cast of Jersey Shore (for the few who actually know who they are!) worked for a while... I would have to say that for an Italian place they made CRAP pizzas! Afterwards we headed to what was meant to be a karaoke bar (but it wasn't) where 2 other Topdeck groups were. We didn't stay long... a tad boring!
Nana went home and to bed!
xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

Steve holding up the tower
Photo 4Photo 4
Photo 4

How funny is this dog... he has dreads!
Photo 6Photo 6
Photo 6

Our view from our campsite in Florence


Tot: 0.363s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb