Paris et venice Carnival


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
March 20th 2011
Published: March 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

VeniceVeniceVenice

I'm dark blue costume. Wilma is missing in this photo. hilga in light blue. Brigitte in white. Danielle rorignally from argentina in pink. sorry I forget the other ladies names. they are from Italy We were 10 all toghter
Feb. 26 went to Paris. met my friend Brigitte. we quickly set out to Pirre Marche on Monmontre area to buy fabric for a costume we would make in Venice for the carnival.
Her pen pal Wilma was making the costumes for carnival.
Wilma designed them and cut them and sewed them. It was amazing how we worked for a day 1/2 to put one costume together. Then Wilma's pen pal from Iceland came and put another costume toghter for her. We were 10 women all together from different parts of world. we were a rainbow of colors. For those that do not know what a pen pal is? a pen pal is some one on the verge of extiction thanks to the computer and internet and e-mails.! well any way in the old days you could find some one to write to thru the Pen Pal Association. You would exchange letters. well Wilma and Brigitte and Hilga were penpals back in the days of maybe the 6oties. Now that's a long time to have a pen pal. Brigitte from Paris, France and Hilga from Iceland ( now living in flordia )and Wilma from Austraila ( now living in Italy ).
VeniceVeniceVenice

A little boy that was a bit afraid of all the costumes. i showed him my easy jet teddy bear. He seemed to calm down and like my bear.
Brigitte and wilma have been friends for many years now and Hilga was only to Italy once to see Wilma 30 years ago. She met for the second time this year. We all went to Carnival in our costumes. it was amazing. do not ever pass up a chance to go to Carnival and be sure to have a costume. It's so much fun to be behind the mask.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

ChristineChristine
Christine

Christine from Poissy France joined us on Sunday. Here's Christine in the magic hat I made in New Jersey and carefully took took to Italy and back with me. i bought a teddy bear on easy jet plane.
Me et christineMe et christine
Me et christine

We share our costumes. So this day Christine wore Brigittes costume in white. This was St. Georgia Island across from St. Marco Plaza
BrigitteBrigitte
Brigitte

Brigitte
PaulaPaula
Paula

We met Paula at the youth hostel where we were staying. We were about to go to St. Marco for dinner and she was just checking in. We became instrant friends and spent the next few days togther.
Paula et Brigitte and Paula et Brigitte and
Paula et Brigitte and

A man dressed as an airplane. We ran into the whole fleet of planes the next night
ChristineChristine
Christine

Christine from Poissy France
Jane et ChristineJane et Christine
Jane et Christine

Brigitte met Jane at a boat station outside of Venice. They met on four different imes in various places in Venice. This was our 4th and last meeting with Jane
VeniceVenice
Venice

The 3rd meeting with Jane. she did not reconize Brigitte with out her costume. Jane was very impressive person. Very friendly and nice. i hope we make contact with her again thru face book or some thing.
 Marco Plaza Marco Plaza
Marco Plaza

San Marco Plaza


25th March 2011

Wonderful costumes!
Wish I could have been there! Great costumes.....!

Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0886s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb