Christmas on Mayan Coast


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Yucatán » Chichén Itzá
January 16th 2011
Published: January 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

December me and my husband went to Cancun and Tulum. We had a great time. It's so easy to get around and see the sights from Tulum. There are many options to getting around. Do not be afraid to go. Everywhere the people are happy and happy to see you. English is widely spoken. This trip we stayed at Hotel Latino in Tulum. A little hotel off the main street. Fairly quite. Nice rooms and the nicest people running the hotel. I look forward to going there again. The Tulum beach is very nice with lots of places to stay along the beach.Between town and the beaches is a big walk or take the local bus that goes there two times in morning and a bus that returns to town at 5PM. Other then that you must take a taxis or ride a bike or rent a car to get to beach.There is a nice bike path to ride on all the way to beach. We took the taxis most times and went the Ana Jose Beach club to hang out. That was nice with beds on beach to lay on and a resturant. If you want to be real quite place to stay and relaxe, get a place on beach. It will cost more then town.



Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

tulumtulum
tulum

Gary and Liz. they are managers of Hotel Latino and very nice couple to be with. They are friendly and very helpfull. we took thier advice and took a little tour to Chitza. 28 USA $ per person. it included shuttle in van to ruins, a guide, a buffet lunch and a stop in the grande cenote and a stop in a wonderfull city called Vald..on route back to Tulum. It was a great idea.
Coba ruinsCoba ruins
Coba ruins

This time to the Coba ruins I climb the ruins with out using the rope. must have been all that walking I did for the Avon Breast Cancer walk that whipped me into shape. We took a ADO bus out here. The bus drives you to the ruins. Was another fun day. we rented bycycles to ride thru the ruins.
Vald..Vald..
Vald..

I do not have the spelling of this town.
Fix Your MufflerFix Your Muffler
Fix Your Muffler

Advertisement for the Muffler Shop
Cave SnorklingCave Snorkling
Cave Snorkling

If you go do not forget to go a cave for some snorkling. It's really neat. There are many caves in this area. This is called Two Eyes Cenote.
The Grande CenoteThe Grande Cenote
The Grande Cenote

This was a nice cave to swim.
Aukumal BeachAukumal Beach
Aukumal Beach

This was a nice beach. here you can swim with the turtles. There is little Museum and plenty of places to get a bite to eat and drink. A very family friendly beach.
ADO BusADO Bus
ADO Bus

So far Mexico has some of the nicest busses I have ever taken. You really have your choice of class here. If your in for a long ride do take the best bus they have. It's worth every penny. I'm very impressed what they did with the Primer Class. Ist class buses. The seats are better then any fist class plane you can ride in.
Grande CenoteGrande Cenote
Grande Cenote

We went with a group of peole to in a collecto Van for the day to chitza Intza ruins. We had a guide and after touring ruins we were taken to a buffet style lunch and after a stop at the Grande Cenote for a quick swim and then a stop Vald.. a very beautifull town of old colonial bulidings. All for 28 USA $. I highly recommending taking a tour in a group. it's fun you get to meet other travlers as well.
Vald..Vald..
Vald..

Vald..
Grande CentoeGrande Centoe
Grande Centoe

Nice snorkling here. If you go to tulum do not miss going to some caves. they have lots of them all around this area.
Coba RuinsCoba Ruins
Coba Ruins

Go with a guide. You learn alot more. We took the local bus ADO out here. then took a taxi back to tulum. they have a zip line that goes over the lake. be carefull there are Crocs in the lake. Here they have bikes to rent or you can walk or can hire some one to peddle you around the ruins in a cart.
Coba ruinsCoba ruins
Coba ruins

on top of the only temple here you may climb on. Be sure to bring your binoculurs to look at birds.
TulumTulum
Tulum

Tulum
Hotle LatinoHotle Latino
Hotle Latino

Gary and Liz
Down town old CancunDown town old Cancun
Down town old Cancun

Do go to old down town Cancun. you get a better rate for your $'s down town and all the best markets are there. Christmas decorations \made out of vines , grass weeds etc.


Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb