Day 8 - Rome, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
August 25th 2006
Published: September 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Friday August 25th, 2006
Day 8
Rome, Italy

we were up early this morning as Julia and I had decided we were going to the Campo de Fiori Market. We hard heard good things about this market but were very disappointed when we got there and found just five stalls. So, we moved on, found a bakery for some breakfast them decided to make our way out to the old ghetto area of Rome and the Synagogue. This area was very pretty, very old (as described).
On the way back to the hostel we stumbled across the Pantheon again, we took another look inside and a few more photos. We left only to have it pour with rain and hail for about 15minutes solid. We took shelter in a post office until it was over.
After some lunch we decided to make our way on two separate trains out to the beach. It took about 45minutes and what we discovered was nothing compared to Australian beaches. The sand was a black kind of colour and the water was dirty, not the clear you get a home. Also, it cost us €3 just to get on the beach! That didn't even include one of the seats and umbrellas, they were extra.
After a bit of time there, we caught our two trains back, had some dinner and went sat in the common room talking to three guys from Canada. After this I went to bed. Sightseeing takes so much out of you.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.421s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 83; dbt: 0.1025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb