Italy Continued


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
June 29th 2010
Published: June 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Monday, June 28th- Well since our last blog we have had your typical start to the week. This morning to another pool in Rapallo, a nice long 50meter pool and played their team. It was a mixture of girls ranging from 1993's to 1999's. A couple of their girls play with the national squads. The training was good. We scrimmaged for about two hours. The coaches refed and we basically let them beat each other up. Thats pretty much standard for international water polo. After our game we went back to the hotel for a quick nap and a shower then walked 2 miles into the town of Camogli. This is a beautiful beachside town lined along a boardwalk filled with shops and restaurants and of course gelato stands. Some girls had pizza for lunch, while others had pasta and seafood. Sierra entertained most of us with her puppet show using two shrimp from one of the girls plates. After lunch it was of course time for gelato and then a quick trip on a ferry back to the town we are staying in. Once back in Recco it was back to the hotel to get our stuff, go to dinner and then up to the pool in Camogli for another game. This time against the girls from the Camogli club and boy were they ready to play. They were even more aggressive then the morning team but we held our own. We started running some different defenses and they got a bit confused which was great to see. After another two hours of pounding on each other it was back to the hotel form some nutella, interent and sleep.

Tuesday, June 29th- Woke early once again and headed back up to Rapallo for another scrimmage with that team, it was another two hours of back and forth and a loto of pulling and grabbing. At the end we shook hands and their team was suprised to see we weren't mad about all the physicality. They are hoping to trade suit or shirt tomorrow with us. After that it was back to the hotel where we actually ate lunch at for the first time and the meal was pretty good. After getting served fish the night before for dinner the girls were a little hesitant about eating there.(I actually liked the fish but I guess my opinion doesn't count.) After lunch we took the ferry to St. Frutusso and dove into the deep blue sea looking for the sunken statue of Crist and low and behold there he was 40 feet down with his arms to the sky. The girls had a good time swimming around and then it was back to the ferry for our ride home and up to the pool for some training. Thats where we are at the moment. Hope everyone is working hard. We will all enjoy some gelato on your behalf!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb