Italy Trip Days 4 and 5


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
June 27th 2010
Published: June 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Friday, June 25th- Well after waking up somewhat early to pack up and eat we boarded our bus and headed out of Rome on our way to Camogli. It was just a short bus ride, the travel agent estimated 5 hours and she was only off by 2. After sitting on the bus for nearly 7 hours we finally arrived at our destination. We are in ReccoCamogli. Two little beach communities on the Genova Coast. Recco where we are at is a working mans town and is busy during the day and dead at night. Camogli is a tourist beach town that has cute little shops and restaurants right along the ocean. We checked into our hotel, or shall I say hotels. Yes upon our arrival we found out that they over booked the hotel and half of us had to stay at a hotel 2 minutes away. Don,t worry we split the adults up so there was some at both hotel. I left Emilys mom at the original hotel with all the good kids and took all the bad kids to the other hotel with me. You guys should be able to figure out which hotel your daughter is in! ;-) After putting our bags down we headed for the pool for our first taste of polo in Italy. In Camogli the pool is indoors and it is pretty nice. Everyone there is all a buzz about just winning the big championships a few days earlier so they are all about water polo right now. We got in and did some stuff and then actually scrimmaged the boys team from Sacred Heart. Its always fun scrimmaging a boys team but we held our own. Are that it was about 11pm and time to head back to the hotels for much needed sleep.

Saturday, June 26th- Got up ealry for breakfast and and then made our way down to the train station for a train ride down a bit to walk the Cinque Terra, which is a walkway that strectes along 5 different cities right along the coast. We walked to three of the cities and anf after an hour and half of walking it was time to take the trian the rest of the way. Of course we had a couple of slow pokes in the group so 34 of the group made the first train and the last three of us had to wait 20 minutes to catch the next one. Don,t worry Maggie, India, Terri and I all made it to the right stop eventually. Our last stop was at Monterosso and small little beach community, where we ate somelunch, did some shopping, laid out on the sand and of course ate some gelato.(the last thing is the girls favorite thing to do). We then hoped back on the trin and made back to our hotels safely just in time to catch the bus to practice. I felt as if we hadn,t worked our legs out enough that day so before swimming we did a lot of squats, lunges and push ups. The girls really enjoyed that. We then got in and swam, did some drills and then scrimmaged the boys team from the 608 Drivers Club that is here from Norcal. After that we went back to the hotel for our 9:15pm dinner time and of of course more ice cream. The girls then hung out with the boys team for a little bit before they were dragged away back to their hotel romms for some sleep.

Sunday, June 27th- Breakfast and then off to Pisa to see the world famous leaning tower. Its amazing to see that building still standing after all these years. We have some great shots of the girls holding the building up. I will send pictures soon. I had a big problem with my camera when I somehow reformated my disc and lost all my Rome pics. Im still upset over it but thank god eveyone is taking pics on the trip. After the Leaning Tower we got back on the bus and headed to some random town in the middle of nowhere that ended up having the most amazing beach. We walked around the corner and saw the most amazing shade of blue water. So a little sun, alittle laying out and then a horrible 4 hours bus ride back. I will never complain about LA traffic ever again. Just writing and getting ready to go eat dinner. Hope all is well with everyone back home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb