Ciao Bella


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
June 28th 2010
Published: June 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Ciao everyone! Sorry it's been a while since we last updated, time flys when you're having fun and it's hard to find time to sit down and focus for more than a couple minutes. Currently I'm sitting on a bench in the town of roimaggore on the Italian coast, trying to pick up the only free Internet signal in town. Gabi is off at a cash machine withdrawing money for our train tickets back to Venice. We spent four nights there and then yesterday left for here, the 5 terre, five towns along the mediterranian coast. We were planning for five nights here, but are really missing Venice (we fell in love with the city and it's people) and so have decided to leave the 5 terre on the 30th instead and head back to Venicia for a couple of nights.
Although we have chosen to leave it early, the 5 terre is certainly not dissapointing. The size of the town (much MUCH smaller than Venice) is quite refreshing after a big city and the water here is warm and crystal clear. The town is built on the cliffs above the harboor with a narrow mainstreet running up between the colorful stucco buildings. We're staying in a beautiful little hostel where we lucked out and got ourselves a private, two bed room and communal bathroom and kitchen for only 22 euro night. Last night we wandered the town and ended up at a little clifftop bar over the ocean where we sipped piƱa coladas and watched the sun set. Today we've been lazing about on the beach and eating fruit we bought at the little grocers by our hostel. Tomorrow we hope to hike the trail that connects the five towns. It's about a nine mile hike but we'll probably stop off in some of the other towns to have a look around, or get gelato...we'll take plenty of photos and update again soon.


Best wishes to all,

Ciao,

Hannah

Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb