Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
May 22nd 2009
Published: May 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Vatican CityVatican CityVatican City

In front of the St. Peter's Square.
Ciao - we had such wonderful time in Italy. The country is simply, beautiful.
We started out in Pisa/Florence, and unfortunately we weren't too impressed with Florence - there are many other locations we've visited during our cruise that is more memorable.

Rome, on the other hand, is charming. We did a quick tour around Rome and Vatican City, and we wish we had more time to spend here. We went to via Appia Antica, where some of the catacombs were located, and had the best meal on this excursion, as the only foreigners in the restaurant and Mama cooked our meal of pane and pasta! Very delicious.
We also managed to check out the Bone Church in Via Veneto, which is very memorable.

Amalfi Coast - where do I start? Beautiful region of Italy. Positano and Sorrento are two must to visit cities, but then Ravello and Amalfi are worth checking out as well. Unfortunately we didnt have time to travel to the Capri Island, but we bought some authentic olive oil and Italian sun-dried herbs here at the Amalfi Coast.
Pompeii is a little overrated in our opinion - once you check out one ruin, the whole
VeniceVeniceVenice

In one of the canals - smell like sewage water though!
archeological site is pretty much resembles the first house you've seen. We saw a couple petrified bodies from the Mt. Vesuvius which erupted in 78AD and buried the Pompeii and the nearby Herculaneum.

We also spent a couple days in Venice, where our excursion ended, before heading back to the States. As much romantic and beautiful the city was, it smelt like sewer throughout the city. Unfortunately for us, the line to get into the St. Mark's Basilica is too long, so we had to skip it.

Till next trip!

-Cy



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

PompeiiPompeii
Pompeii

A fake statue at the site, since the original one is stored at Naples.
When in Rome ...When in Rome ...
When in Rome ...

do the Roman Forum!
Amalfi CoastAmalfi Coast
Amalfi Coast

In Southern Italy
FlorenceFlorence
Florence

With the famous Rialto in the background.


26th May 2009

Pompeii overrated?
Did you really think so? I have been three times on the guided tours there and it still amazes me. The petrified body of the pregnant woman tug on the heart strings every time..

Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb