7 Popular Restaurants to try in Milan, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
May 29th 2019
Published: May 29th 2019
Edit Blog Post



Milan is a fascinating Italian metropolis with many cultural and historic attractions for you to enjoy. It is also a fabulous place for retail shopping adventures, as you probably already know! But did you know that Milan also has lots of fantastic restaurants waiting for you to enjoy?

Getting around the city is easy, whether you rely on public transportation, pick up a rental car upon arrival at the airport, or take a cab to and from the airport and tour the city on foot.

Let's discuss some of Milan's most popular restaurants!

Ratana




Ratana is a great spot where you can enjoy tasting a creative take on local dishes. It has a seasonal menu, ensuring there is great variety. Visitors who want to try specifically Milanese food are in luck. The restaurant serves saffron-infused risotto throughout the year. When you go to Ratana for dinner, make sure to ask for an appetizer of mondeghili (Milanese meatballs).

Joia




Joia is an excellent vegetarian restaurant that opened in 1989. It became the first vegetarian restaurant in Europe to receive a Michelin star in the mid-1990s. You're sure to enjoy the food here. The chef takes special care to closely imitate the consistencies of meat and fish with vegetable ingredients.

Ciripizza




Ciripizza might have long lines and be quite noisy, but it serves wonderfully delicious pizzas. You'll discover the Salerno variety of pizza, which is crunchier and thinner than what you might be used to. If you'd prefer some chicken, try the quarter roast chicken that the restaurant makes in the wood-fired pizza oven.

Michetta's Panini Milano




Michetta's Panini Milano offer at least 40 options of panini. This restaurant uses the michetta, which is a delicious Milanese bread roll. It offers a lot of crunchiness on the outside and softness inside. If you'd like, try some of the slider versions available here. Michetta's Panini Milano offers many interesting flavor combinations.

Berbere




Berbere takes great pride in the quality of ingredients that it uses. This pizza restaurant allows you to choose your own dough: sourdough, classic, or hydrolysis-based, and its convenient location lets you park your rental car nearby. There are many tasty topping combinations. Think about trying the fried eggplant with basil, smoked ricotta, and tomato. You might want to order one and a half pies for each person, as they tend to be rather small here.

Trattoria Mirta




Trattoria Mirta is the creation of a Uruguayan chef Juan Lema. The restaurant was named after his mother. Juan Lema puts a fascinating spin on dishes such as brasato (braised beef) cooked in blueberries and chocolate. When you have dessert, you'll probably be eager to enjoy the crème caramel based with goat cheese and tart cherries.

Pave




This is a great breakfast (and lunch) Milanese eating spot. Pave offers a great variety of tasty breakfast pastries. One of the most popular is the brioche bun with hazelnut spread and ginger. The restaurant also offers apertivo during the after-work hours that harkens back to life in 1980s Milan.



Have a memorable vacation in Milan! And while you're there, make sure that you visit one or more of the restaurants we've explored above.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.325s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0277s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb