My 6 Favorite Frankfurt, Germany Attractions to Visit & See


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany
May 29th 2019
Published: May 29th 2019
Edit Blog Post



Frankfurt is a fascinating city that is often overlooked by travellers. This city has a great deal to offer, though, that you're sure to enjoy. Frankfurt has a wonderful mixture of modern buildings, many of them high-rise and replete with glass, and traditional landmarks such as red-brick churches.

Frankfurt is dynamic and in a state of change, with plenty to see and do. Driving Frankfurt is easy, so if you are up for it, skip public transportation altogether and grab a rental car at Am Main Airport.

Let's talk about some of Frankfurt's most popular attractions!

The Botanical Garden




Check out the beautiful botanical garden while you're in Frankfurt. This garden was founded in 1868. It provides a surprisingly exciting adventure, as you'll get to see aspects of the African savannah and exotic species of the rain forests. There is also, as can easily be expected, a great deal that you would see in European flower gardens. The garden is found on 50 open acres and a number of greenhouses. There are in excess of 6,000 different botanical species from across the globe.

Zeil




Zeil is a busy pedestrian zone and a fantastic shopping destination. This is often referred to as "The Fifth Avenue of Germany." You'll discover international department chains and chic boutiques. Also make sure to visit the shopping center called the Zeil Galerie, which has 10 floors of shopping opportunities.

The Historic Sachsenhausen District




Enjoy some of Frankfurt's famous cider (also called apfelwein or ebbelwoi) while you're in the city. Go to the historic Saschsenhausen district to find some of the most popular apple cider taverns and cobblestone streets. They are found south of Frankfurt's Old Town.

Goethe House




Frankfurt is the birthplace of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, the important German writer. He was born in 1749. While Goethe's house was destroyed during the Second Wold War, it was restored later on. You'll now see the original furniture, books, and paintings. This house is found near Romerberg, at Grosser Hirschgraben.

The Museum of Modern Art (MMK)




The Museum of Modern Art (MMK) is famous for both its amazing art collection (including artists such as Joseph Beuys and Roy Lichtenstein) and its fantastic architecture. The building is the creation of Hans Hollering, a Viennese architect.

Paulskirche (St. Paul's Church)




St. Paul's Church was built between the late 18th century and mid 19th century. While it isn't used as a church today, it is used as an important exhibition and event space. This building is considered one of the most important landmarks in the development of German democracy. This is because it was once used for political meetings. In 1848, it was even the location of the first freely elected German parliament.

Have a Memorable Time in Frankfurt!



You're sure to have an amazing vacation in Frankfurt. There's certainly a lot to see and do within the city, and it makes an excellent place to kick-off a driving adventure in Germany if you plan to tour Bavaria or visit other nearby cities. Make sure to take lots of pictures and save up stories to share with friends and family back home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 21; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb