SOUTH-WEST TO TRAPANI


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
June 5th 2018
Published: June 5th 2018
Edit Blog Post

In the past, Trapani was the center of trade for coral, tuna and salt with the Levant, Carthage and Venice, and remained a workaday fishing and ferry port, until the city wisely decided to revamp the center and promenade , making it a tourist destination for cruise ships and budget airlines from Italy and Europe. Instead of hanging around for the next ferry to the Egadi Islands, it is a holiday destination in its own right, with pedestrianized shopping streets amongst Baroque churches.

We certainly chose it as our favorite place to stay, plus the attraction of Erice , one of the loveliest hilltop towns on the island.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Chance Find - Frullateria Off the Tourist TrackChance Find - Frullateria Off the Tourist Track
Chance Find - Frullateria Off the Tourist Track

Near our breakfast restaurant on the main Corso, smoothies, coffee, salads and desserts, and open at all hours.
Trapani is on a a narrow curving promontory, originally called Drepanon, Greek for sickle.Trapani is on a a narrow curving promontory, originally called Drepanon, Greek for sickle.
Trapani is on a a narrow curving promontory, originally called Drepanon, Greek for sickle.

You stumble on the deep blue sea back and front of the main road.
Good Night, Trapani!Good Night, Trapani!
Good Night, Trapani!

We're liking it here!


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb