You'll never believe it!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
June 24th 2013
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 46.7034, 12.3504

Yesterday (Sunday) was bright and sunny, but at times there was a distinct chill in the air. We started the day with breakfast in the awning, then had a relaxing day in, cleaned up a bit, did the ironing, read, ate, drank red wine, etc.

By evening during a Skype with Lou and Olley it had started to rain, though not heavy. We were in bed just after 10.00.

This morning, on waking at 6.00, we had a cup of tea whilst outside it was raining, followed by some heavy claps of thunder. We both turned over for a second doze, but imagine my surprise to look outside at 8.30 and see that it was snowing! I woke David who went out to shake snow off the roof of the awning since it is not an all-season model, and he took some pics to prove it is really the white stuff. It was about an inch deep on the car before it stopped, so hopefully now it will thaw and not return since we are due to leave for Venice tomorrow morning.

Needless to say, the central heating has gone on, warm clothing dug out of the cupboards and we had a nice bowl of hot porridge for breakfast.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb