Punta Sabbioni


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto
June 25th 2013
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.4408, 12.4226

Yesterday at Camping Park Sexten was cold throughout though the snow had disappeared from the site by midday, but still visible on higher ground. We did not venture far - just some groceries and top-up of diesel ready for the transfer from San Candido. The awning was packed away in the afternoon so we went for a short walk from the site up the valley, after making a reservation at the Taverna again.

We enjoyed another good meal. This time we both chose pasta, but different types. There was even live entertainment with a guitar-playing vocalist by the name of Alessandro. He was quite good and it made a pleasant change, and a fitting end to a pleasant stay. It is a rather quirky site with some unusual features. For instance, one of the toilet blocks is covered in a mound of earth, so it is a bit like going into a cave. The amenities are all quite modern though. In one of the blocks, David came across a loo seat which at the touch of a button is squirted with sanitizer, then rotates 360 degrees!

This morning, we were on the road just after 8.00 and took the route via Cortina through yet more stunning Dolomite scenery, made all the more beautiful with the backdrop of blue sky and sunshine. The twists and turns of the road did not make for fast motoring, but the views were worth it.

By the time we joined the motorway, we had just about left the mountains behind - the landscape was much flatter, and the buildings more like terracotta boxes rather than the wooden chalet types we had seen in the Tyrol. The outside temperature was creeping up too, thankfully.

Leaving the motorway south of Treviso, we then picked up signs for Jesolo which was en-route to our intended destination. Beyond Jesolo itself is the huge resort of Lido di Jesolo with miles of accommodation, bars, restaurants, shops and theme parks - rather too busy for us. Our route took us right to the end of the spit to Punta Sabbioni where the ferries run a regular service throughout the day across to Venice, and our site, the Miramare, was just around the corner, a mere 10 minutes' walk away.

Although I had managed to make an email reservation, there are still pitches available and this small (by Lido standards) site has a quiet atmosphere. Facilities are spotless too. There are even a couple of tame pet rabbits hopping around the pitch.

We are intending to set off early tomorrow to spend the day in Venice. Hopefully we can do all we would like to in that time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.332s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb