Random Observations from uno Tourista


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
June 9th 2007
Published: September 7th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.8805, 12.1116

I thought I would jot down some random observations that we've noticed on our trip. For those of you just finding this blog and not knowing me please don't send a nasty gram. These are not critiques, just observations 😊!

In Roma, our apartment had no oven, one bathroom, and only a loft for a bedroom that you had to stoop over in the whole time. Mauro our apt. manager said to buy that apt. would cost approx. 400,000 euros! Wow, good location though, I guess that's one of the reasons.

Towels are thin cotton/linen "sheets" not fluffy towels as we know them. More like flour sack material.

Tile everywhere!

Potted plants, vines growing everywhere you can plant one, beautiful!!

Toilets, find a big or small button usually on the wall. Usually, another button to stop the flush.

Use the restrooms in museums or your restaurant because you'll be paying for a public one in Venice.

Music and street performers in the piazzas or squares. FUN!

Lots if graffiti in Rome, not so much in Venice.

Use a key card to flash in front of a panel outside the hotel room door. When inside you put it in a slot next to your door to turn the electricity on. Great way to conserve electricity! When you leave you take your card with you.

The Italian women, THIN, very stylish, don't wear much makeup.

Lots of PDA in the streets!

No condiments on the tables in restaurants like salt, pepper, or stuff for sandwiches. Just a big roll with a thin slice or two of meat and slice of cheese. No mayo, mustard, etc..

Money, one euro equals about 1.40 US. A can of coke if you are LUCKY costs 1 euro usually 3 to 3, 50 in a restaurant. Figure that out math whizzes!

They know you are an American!

Lots of smoking

Street vendors much more aggressive in Venice than Rome. Don't make eye contact or they'll really try and sell you stuff!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb