Vatican & Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
August 18th 2006
Published: August 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The VaticanThe VaticanThe Vatican

We made it!
Well we are now on our last night here in Italy and our trip is just a little over half way done. at first time creeped by but now its flying waaaay too fast!!

Awoke very very very very very early yesterday morning to make it to the Vatican before we had to take off for Venice. Since it had been closed for the past 2 days for the holiday the queue was crrrrazy!!! People must have been camped out all night! But it was so great to have been there. It's sooo much more than I what i thought it was. Simply spectacular!

Pretty much had to book it to Venice so Wicksy wouldnt go over his driving hours so it made for a very very long drive only being able to stop once. Being that venice was the birthplace of Cassa Nova we occupied ourselves by writing up a sweet racy and/or raunchy love letters for someone we picked out of a hat. Carls then read them out loud on the bus. What a riot!

Finally got to venice at about 7, had dinner and most ppl headed for the bar. Its some sort of festival
Me n BecsMe n BecsMe n Becs

Crusin' around Venice
here right now... fusina fest or something so they had all kinda of activities. i however headed straight for LAUNDRY!! omGOSH sooo nice to have clean clothes. joined them at the bar a little later but was waaaay to tired to drink.

Got up this morning and took the boat into venice. Venice is pretty much everyhting i thought it would be... maybe even more! So picturesque, looks exactly like in movies/postcards etc! We spent the day just getting ourselves lost. lots of great shopping here so we spent a bit of time in the markets. Aso checked out the Guggenheim museum, which was pretty cool, and went into St. Marks Basillica. bought my fav souvie yet... an original charcoal drawing of the bridge of sighs here in venice. its so beautiful. even got to see him draw... he didnt even use a picture its all from memroy!!! cant wait to get home and frame it! it was soooo hot and muggy here today so we cured it as best we could... by eating lots of gelati!! today i had coffee, vanilla, armaretto and .... im drawing a blank at the moment but ya one other flavor. Oh ya caramel!!! so yum! i think of all things italian i will miss gelati the most lol! Then around 5ish we bought some cheese and crackers and a couple bottles of bellini at the supermart and headed for the GONDOLAS!!! so great! we just drifted around and toasted to our last days in italy! perfect way to say good bye as we are on to Austria tomorrow (im so pumped!!) Right now I'm chillin in probably oneof the coolest internet cafés Ive ever seen.... in the upper floor of a double decker bus! ya not even kidding hahahah. best part is that its right here at the campsite.

but i should go shower and check out what everyones doing (shoudnt have to look far... they will most likely be at the bar lol)

take care!!!
love amber


ps.... saw my contiki driver from my new zealand trip here!!!! crazY! apparently he is doing a tour that will be following ours all the way back to london. what are the odds!!!


sorry, no time to upload pics for today. will do as soon as possible!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb