Beautiful Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
July 10th 2006
Published: July 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Venice was absolutely beautiful and definitely the most unique place we visited. We stayed 3 nights in a small bed and breakfast right near the theater. The view from our window? A meandering canal. If the windows were open, we could hear the Gondoliers singing ¨Santa Lucia¨ Every morning began with a nice cup of coffee and breakfast.

The first day in Venice we visited the tourist hotspot, St Marks Square, the cathedral, the Dogas Palace, the Rialto bridge and took a tour of the grand canal. We also had the pleasure of seeing a small production of Verdi´s ¨La Traviata.¨ The opera was held in a venetian palace where each act took place in a different room.

Other highlights of Venice included lots of public displays of affection, four dollar bottles of water and going out to a hip hop discoteca where I was actually one of the better dancers for a change!

From Venice, we took a train to Milan and spent a day visiting the cathedral (the fourth largest in the world) and window shopping.






Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



16th July 2006

niiiiice
whatevers girl... u know u can bust a move... =) beautiful pics!

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb