Venezia, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
March 18th 2011
Published: April 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Last stop on this fast trip - Venice. Daddy was not originally planning to go there but since Mara and Nicola never took Zaira and not sure if they ever took Greta, and it only being a 1 hour train ride away, Daddy thought it was a must. So we left in the morning and caught the train in Pordenone for Venezia. I had a lot of fun on the train with the girls.

Venice was beautiful....so many little canals and old buildings. For the first 1 hour, I was in a pretty grumpy mood. Daddy says I have 1/2 day on every trip where I am in a bad mood, but he says that is understandable. And lucky for both of us, it did not last too long. I had fun playing in San Marcos Square, though daddy said there was MUCH less pigeons there now, but I had fun with the few I met. The best part was going up the Cathedral with Daddy, Zaira, and Greta. We took a lot of pictures and had a lot of fun. We also had fun relaxing right by the water. '

We had awesome ice cream (or gelato as
What A Pose!What A Pose!What A Pose!

Balcony of Basilica di San Marco
they call it) and I bought a pretty mask and necklace. I had fun wearing the mask around Venice. We had some good snacks and treats and then time to take the train back.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We had to have an early night. Nicola made us a good pasta dinner and then we had to go to bed early because we had to leave their house at 330 am!!!! That is crazy. Nicola helped daddy pack his 41 bottles of wine, including 11 magnums and a 3Liter bottle. Daddy is always amazed how well I can wake up and go no matter what time it was. I helped him at the airport, and everything went smoothly for the entire trip back.....including getting through customs with MY bottles of wine.

Daddy is thinking of where we will go for our next trip. We will only take 2 weeks this summer and he is thinking Bolivia as we both have never been there....We will see. Anyway, it was great to go back to Italy, the place where I came into this world.


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Feeding a PigeonFeeding a Pigeon
Feeding a Pigeon

Piazza San Marco
Having fun on the trainHaving fun on the train
Having fun on the train

Pordenone a Venezia with Mara, Nicola, Greta and Zaira
GelatoGelato
Gelato

Me, Zaira, and Greta in Piazza San Marco
Is Daddy Stepping in the WaterIs Daddy Stepping in the Water
Is Daddy Stepping in the Water

Me and Daddy - Venezia
Me and GretaMe and Greta
Me and Greta

Piazza San Marco
Arriving in Venezia Arriving in Venezia
Arriving in Venezia

Train from Pordenone a Venezia
JumpingJumping
Jumping

Basilica San Marco
Feeding the pigeonsFeeding the pigeons
Feeding the pigeons

Piazza San Marco
Train To VeneziaTrain To Venezia
Train To Venezia

me and Greta
Me, Greta and ZairaMe, Greta and Zaira
Me, Greta and Zaira

Piazza San Marco from the Basilica


11th May 2011

Daddy was right!
Daddy is right to have taken you to Venice, despite going every Christmas to Friuli and flying into Venice I still haven't taken Luna to Venice!!! I must remedy that soon! And how did daddy get that many bottles through customs? Isn't it slightly over the 23 kg of luggage allowance?
11th May 2011

Marathon run!
I have just realised I have come to the last blog for now! I have just spent the last five hours absolutely fascinated by your blogs and seeing you grow into this lovely 5 year old, it is now 0200 just to show how absorbed I was with it all. I can't wait to read your next instalment! Although now, I think it really is time to go to bed!!! You've inspired me to maybe write a blog, I did try when we did an around the world trip when my daughter was three but I found it quite tricky to combine a 3 year old with internet cafes, you are obviously a calmer child! Maybe now that she is six I should try again! Thank you so much for writing these wonderful blogs!

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb