Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
June 30th 2008
Published: June 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Crusing The CanalsCrusing The CanalsCrusing The Canals

On the ferry
Tuesday 17th June - Wednesday 18th June

We arrived around midday after a 2hr train trip from Verona. Our hotel was close, only 5 minute walk so that was good. After checking in we went exploring.

Venice with the canal’s is something different. Its difficult to explain what its like, very beautiful and very unique. Full of tourists though so parts of it a very crowded.

In terms of sights the only one we specifically headed for was San Marco square. The rest of the time was spent on ferries travelling the canals or wandering through the streets. Its extremely easy to get lost as there are small canals and bridges everywhere, streets are just small alley ways and with them been so close to the building you can not focus on a landmark to get your bearing. The routes to the train station and the main square are marked but some of the signs are not the clearest (see photo for details :-)

Walking around and travelling in ferries was a great way to see Venice. The food was good and it was a great way to spend a couple of days. The hotel was basic but good and friendly. We also got to see Italy beat France in Euro 2008 which made a good atmosphere.

On Thursday we got up nice and early and boarded a train to Rome. It was a 4 hour trip so we want to leave early as we only had one day in Rome and want to see as much as we could.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb