When in Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
July 2nd 2008
Published: July 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 19th June

We arrived in Rome about 2pm after taking a morning train from Venice. At this point we proceeded to get lost on the way to the hotel, eventually reaching it. It was a nice room and it felt a little disappointing to only stay here for one night.

As we only had one day we went out exploring, hading first to the Colosseum. On the way we made a number of discoveries:
1. It was extremely hot (in the mid 30’s)
2. Rome has possibly the oldest and scungiest Metro trains and trams that we had seen.
3. The Train station is massive, it takes about 10 minutes to walk from one end to the other (they had walk-escalators but some of these were turned off.)
4. The city is full of old ruins, quite amazing to see.

We had a good look around the Roman ruins which was quite neat to see. Lots of people around but still spectacular.

Later the night we went to the Vatican and had a look around St Peters Square. It was a nice square although we had probably arrived a little late to have a thorough look around. We then walked around some bridges on the Tiber river. After a rather mediocre dinner we headed back to the hotel and got some sleep as we had an early train to catch.

The next morning we caught a 7:30 Train to Florence. Rome had been fun , but we probably hadn’t had enough time to fully explore it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb