Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
July 5th 2008
Published: July 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Friday 20th June - Saturday 21st June

We arrived in Florence about 9:30am and headed off to the hotel, (which was close to the Station.) From the hotel we got directions to an outlet shopping mall which had fashion brands at a reduced price. It was okay although there range was not so good and the transport arrangements meant we had to spend a couple of hours longer then we needed.

When we got back we had a look around , going into town to look at the Duomo. It was very impressive (as all the churches are, we have seen a lot of churches by now). We then looked around but more and had dinner.

The next day we went to the Prada Factory outlet, we must have looked keen as we got there 45 min before it opened (numbers 4 and 5 in line.) After a little bit of shopping we headed back to Florence, collected our bags and headed off towards Nice which was our final destination tonight.

To get to Nice we needed to go through Pisa so we had a couple of hours to explore Pisa so we went and saw the leaning tower. It seemed like every other tourist was there as well so it was pretty crowded, but good to see the tower. It wasn’t as big as expected (I guess after it started leaning they gave up making it bigger) but good to see and the square was very pretty.

At around seven we were able to board our train to Nice, this required a train changed at Ventimigulia (on the Italian - French border) so we got into Nice at 12:30am. Tired after a long day we were pleased to call it a night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb