Nice


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
July 5th 2008
Published: July 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 22nd June - Tuesday 24th June

After a good sleep, we headed off to explore town and see what Nice had to offer. There was an Iron Man competition on so there was lots of activity around the beach. There was also lots of people on the beach and it remains the most crowded beach I have ever seen. It was good to have a swim though.

Nice is a very pretty town, the Mediterranean coast is stunning and the town is clean. It was very hot and quite busy but a great place to have a couple of drinks and watch the world go by. After eating and exploring town we went back and had a rest. Later that night we took a train to Monaco to see what it was like.

Monaco was quite flash and quite quiet (though it was Sunday night.) Of the cars driving round there were lots of Porsches, Ferraris and new Mercedes. We went down to the main Casino but balked at the 10 Euro entry fee. We went to another Casino in an attempt to repeat our Las Vegas form, where we were not so lucky but after an hour and a half we had broken even, so decided to quit then.

After leaving the Casino we went back to the Train station but found we had to wait two hours for the Train. We decided to meander cross country on the train which wasn’t very exciting, but it did pass the time.

The next day we had a brief look around Nice before heading off to Marseille. Marseille seemed quite vibrant and we found a nice café for some drinks. The old port area was good for a look around and the hotel was a suite which made a change from a single room. We only had the one day there so not much time to explore.

The next day we went to catch an EasyJet to Gatwick airport in London. It was okay but I’m sure you can get tired of no frills airlines very quickly (my Star Alliance Gold card was no good so I had to queue with everyone else L.) The flight was a good price though, so that made it worthwhile.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb