London


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 24th June - Thursday 26th June

We arrived in Gatwick Airport around 1pm and headed to town. We stowed our bags at Waterloo (home of the most Nazi bag inspector yet) and explored the local area. This meant we got to see South Bank, the Millennium eye (which has always struck me as been a Ferris Wheel rather then an Eye), Westminster and Big Ben. After looking around town we met Jess who gave us a key to Daniel’s place (who unfortunately happened to be away at this time.) Jess very nicely took us for a drink and showed us where we were staying.

It was nice to be in a house instead of a hotel room. Dan’s flatmates were really good sorts and didn’t mind us invading their space. In fact it was so nice we probably didn’t do enough sightseeing choosing to spend some time relaxing instead.

On Wednesday we went into town had a look around and went to Harrods to do some shopping. We didn’t buy anything but the store was good for a look around. We had dinner at a Greek place and managed to have nice stroll along the Thames (it looks much better when the tide is in rather then when the tide is out.)

On Thursday we explored around Oxford Street and had lunch with Wendy Yip who I worked with in Telecom. Good to see a familiar face and to catch up. As she took us too a Belgium café we were able to find a beer that Brenda liked there. After that it was time to head back and pack and head to the Airport.

After a 40 minute trip to Heathrow on public transport (which went pretty smoothly considering it was getting near 5pm) we psyched ourselves up for the flight to Tokyo (11:30hrs and an 8 hour time difference neat J.) After 3 and a half weeks in Europe (does the UK count as Europe, I assume it does) it was time to move on a see what adventures we cold have in Asia.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb