venice day 2


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
October 13th 2005
Published: October 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

hey. this is josh. tony and vin are gonna start adding entries too soon. so we got into venice last night about 6:30pm. we found a hotel and got some dinner. the food here is so good. even simple things like pizza are bomb. we had a couple of bottles of wine with dinner. the wine is really good as well and it is hella cheap. cheaper to drink that than beer or other drinks. we went to a couple of bars last night. we havent really done anything special. we walked around this morning and saw some old churches. they are all so old and the insides are amazing. one was completely marble on the inside and had huge paintings on the celing and walls. it was pretty impressive. we could only see it through a window though cause we were wearing shorts and the dress code is strict. you have to have pants and shoes on. we didnt think of that before we left the hotel so we could only admire from the outside. the city is cool. the canals are a little confusing and we always get stuck going down a dead end. the only thing that we all think is really weird is that everyone here has dogs. all the men have little dogs and the women have huge pitbulls or german shepherds. it is really weird. and they let them pee or boo boo anywhere. usually they pick up the boo boo but there are puddles of pee all over. it is different cause there isnt any grass. everything is brick or concrete. so you see all the animal waste. tomorrow we are headed to florence. hope all is well and i will talk to y'all later.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb