Plenty of Ice-cream Flavours to Counter The Pre-teen Apathy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Malcesine
August 10th 2009
Published: June 30th 2023
Edit Blog Post

MalcesineMalcesineMalcesine

The harbour in Malcesine at the bottom of the cable-car.
Whilst the kids liked the idea of staying by the pool all day, in reality, after just one day and despite the option of all the numerous activities, even they wanted to get out and explore a little. The challenge is to find an alternative that won’t be met with the usual almost-a-teenager apathy.

There are water parks and a theme park, but we had planned to try them both out later in the holiday.

With the promise of ice-cream later to hold back any rebellions, we drove up the east side of the lake to another small town called Malcesine. From there is a two-stage cable car that goes to the top of Mount Monte Baldo nearby.

It clearly gets covered in snow here in the winter as there was evidence of the ski-resort infrastructure all around. During the summer, though, it’s great just for walking and to enjoy the views. And they were excellent views.

The rebellions were starting so once we’d reached a viewpoint, we walked back to the cable car and headed back down for something to eat. Then, after a short walk around the town, we carried on around the lake to
Malcesine StreetMalcesine StreetMalcesine Street

Walking around this picturesque little town.
Desenzano del Garda, dodging all the hordes of cyclists, who all seemed to go around in packs and have very little road-sense.

People obviously come here for skiing in the winter and cycling in the summer.

It was actually quite a long drive, so we all had a walk around the harbour on the pretence of looking for the promised ice-creams. We didn’t get to walk for long as there are lots of ice-cream shops and they all have a particularly impressive selection of flavours.

We also managed to fit in a quick game of minigolf.

We were obviously still trying to head off the rebellion in the evening as we ended up going for a McDonalds, which was not the cheap option we expected it to be.

A minor rebellion, but still all reasonably happy thanks to the range of ice-cream flavours.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Mount Monte Baldo ViewMount Monte Baldo View
Mount Monte Baldo View

A walk with some fantastic views at the top of the cable-car.
Lake GardaLake Garda
Lake Garda

Another view.


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb