Influences From Disney – Not Least The Heat and The Queues


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Lake Garda
August 11th 2009
Published: June 30th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Gardaland ViewGardaland ViewGardaland View

Never one to miss a view.
We couldn’t put it off any longer. Today, we headed off to Gardaland, the main theme park in the area.

It’s very Disney-like in many respects, but without all the princesses and people dressed-up as mice (see ). The theme character here is a dragon and we saw him walking around, but we didn’t queue for photos. I can’t imagine where they got the idea to call one of the rides - Thunder Mountain, but I would imagine that the Disney copyright police have been checking the place out.

We enjoyed Gardaland, but the heat was sweltering and, like Disney, there were long queues for all the main rides.

We went on a nice, tame, gentle, sedate train ride to keep my wife happy, as she hates the more violent rollercoasters. She stayed away from the vertical drop ride and she also didn’t want to go upside down on Thunder Mountain. Thankfully, our daughter now met the 1.4m minimum height limit and she was up for all of them as usual.

There were some amazing chocolate-covered apples, which kept everyone happy and were a change from ice-cream.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Gardaland RideGardaland Ride
Gardaland Ride

Yes, three of us are mad enough to be in that group.
Gardaland BeatleGardaland Beatle
Gardaland Beatle

My wife drives a Beatle, but it's not quite this eco-friendly.


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb