Arrival in Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Lido
July 2nd 2013
Published: July 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

We left Munich this morning excited for our last stop on our European Honeymoon. We arrived at the train station around 10:15 with plenty of time to spare until our 11:30 train left. We did some fun people watching and planning for our arrival in Venice. The train ride through the Alps was more beautiful than we could have imagined. There was a distinct line at the Brenner Train station that showed we crossed boarders. Not far into northern Italy we began seeing grape vines, we saw hills covered with the grapes growing everywhere. The vines literally did not stop until we were about 10 minutes outside of the Venice train station, at least three hours of vines. Now I see why Italy makes so much wine.

Once arriving at the train station in Venice, we hopped off the train, bought our water bus pass for the entire trip and off we went. It was so simple and tourist friendly. We got in line with our luggage for the Number 1 water bus and it arrived within a few minutes. We decided to take the water bus through the Grand Canal on the way to our hotel. We are staying at Hotel Riviera in Venice Lido. It is just minutes away from all the busy streets of Veince and we have access to the beach! Our hotel is literally across the street from the water bus station and on the main road about 7-10 blocks from the beach. Our room has a terrace with an amazing view of the lagoon and St. Marco's square. We had a delicious dinner of Calamari, pasta with clam sauce and pizza! Yum...off to the venician sights tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb