Finally Sharing in Music in Assisi


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Assisi
June 12th 2011
Published: February 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Local Celebrities in AssisiLocal Celebrities in AssisiLocal Celebrities in Assisi

After singing the mass on Sunday and sharing in song the congregation was thrilled with us.
A small Italian child spit on Tyler. It was freaking adorable. The child got sprayed in the face at a water fountain and we all laughed at him so he enacted his vengeance.

We sang at 12 o’clock mass at San Francesco. We walked over to rehearse singing Sicut Cervus, Ubi Caritas, I Can Tell the World, Lux Arumque, and Veni Sancte Spiritus. When we sang Lux just before the service I teared up. We sounded so good and I just felt amazing in the 4-second acoustics. The church was gorgeous and it was magical to hear our voices reverberating in the Cathedral.

The mass was boring but I followed some of it and got some of the homily, not that I remember what I heard. We sang well though and it gave me time to pray and reflect. After the concert we were greeted like celebrities outside the church. So many old ladies were enthralled with our performance. I was right, singing is making this trip truly incredible.

Alissa and I walked around the city alone, finally, and got some gelato. It was nice to get some time with her. The city still doesn’t feel real, though. We are still just tourists in a little Italian simulator.

The evening concert was in a little square by St. Francis’ father’s home parish. Somehow I hope he could hear us, and join in our worship through song. The concert went well and the audience loved it, we had quite the little crowd gathered by the time we were done.

Dinner was delicious again. Beforehand a group of us had aperitivo with Danilo. We all got the spritz. It was ok. The wine was easily the bet part of the dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

San FrancescoSan Francesco
San Francesco

The amazingly beautiful church in which we shared an amazing service with hundreds of people.


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb