Update


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Pisa
February 5th 2006
Published: February 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

sorry everyone!! This Contiki tour is full on to the max!! its go go go go all day long!! we get up at about 630-7am then out all day til about 1030-11pm or later when we get back to our hotel to sleep. I've also had trouble finding internet cafes or the time to write anything up here so im really sorry. I have been writing it all down in a book so you wont miss out totally!!
So Im here now and ill try and give you a update...it will be brief but thats because ive only got 30mins before we're meeting the group and leaving for Rome.
Ok so if i remember correctly, I left you all in suspense back at Mick & Di's in London...nothing much happened after that, we pretty much just had dinner and then went to bed...the next morning we got up and repacked our suitcases into backpacks that they lent us for the 3 weeks. so we just had a quiet relaxing morning doing that and sending emails. When we were all packed and ready to leave later that night, we headed up the road to a street called Portobello Road that stretches for almost 2 kms and on Saturdays its completely full of markets and people. we were there on the friday so it wasnt too packed and there wasnt much there but thats good because we wouldve spent money. My memory stick in my camera was full so i thought we could go in and see Mick at his shop and get them put onto CD so it was empty for the tour. We bought a day pass for the trains which was lucky because we had to get about 4 trains there and 3 back so it was worth every cent!! We got the cds done and then headed back to meet Di back at her place. We stayed at the Royal National Hotel in London the night before Contiki because thats where they leave from at 7am the next morning so it was easier to cart our bags through the trains the night before than early morning.
Di dropped us off at the train station and we set off with our HUGE backpacks onto the packed London underground.
We got to the hotel and the chick we were staying with(who we'd never met) had already arrived and gone to the room so we went up there thinking she was there but she must of gone out for the night so we had to get the hotel manager to come and let us in because there's only 1 key per room. We ordered room service for dinner because we couldnt leave our room otherwise we couldnt get back in!!
So anyways she came back later that night, i was asleep so i dont remember! Next morning we began our Contiki tour of Europe. We drove from London down to Dover and got a ship across to Calais in France. From calais we drove through to Paris(I cant remember how long this all took but if you check to out on a map then you can get a rough idea).
Sorry this is going to get really brief but im running out of time and I want to tell you everything!!
So we had 2 nights in Paris, the first night we went to the Eiffel Tower...it was AMAZING!!! There's really no other word for it!

Advertisement



8th February 2006

WOW
Sounds as though you have been a busy bee!! Paris.. oooh thats so sweet. Almost Valentines day too. Glad you are enjoying yourself. Hope youre not too worn out! Keep it up though!! Really looks like ya having fun! Remember to smile, and say Oui Oui! XOXO

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb