Day 5 - Meeting the Queen


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » London City
January 26th 2006
Published: January 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Finally a decent nights sleep!!! No more church bells going off every 15mins, no construction site outside my window...just peace and quiet!! Had a bit of a sleep in today...well by sleep in, i mean, up by 8am...Di was at work today but Mick was at home so we left him in the peace and quiet and walked down the road to the train station.

Back at our hostel, there was an little poster advertising Australia Day celebrations in Trafalgar Square but it said it was going to be on Wednesday the 26th...we just thought it was a typo and they meant Thursday...pommys would do that..so we thought anyways!! Well we got on the tube into town and then a bus onto trafalgar square but we couldnt see anything that resembled Aust. Day celebrations...or celebrations of any kind! We walked a few blocks around thinking it might be just around the corner but with no luck. In the end, we asked a security guy if he knew where they were and he said that last year there were huge celebrations but he hadnt heard anything about them this year...I then clicked that the sign back at the hostel must of been a year old...Aust Day last year must of been on the Wednesday and they hadn't taken down the sign...bloody Poms!!!!! We were looking forward to it so much!! The sign had said they were turning Trafalgar square into a mini bondi beach with sand, surf simulators, aussie musicians, barbeques and anything else u could think of thats aussie!

By this time, i had worked up a bit of an appetite so we stopped for lunch and decided we would go to Maddam Toussands(im sure thats not how u spell it but u know what i mean!!) wax museum...it was awesome!!!! The first room we walked into, it was done up like a night club with a stage that Britney Spears, Beyonce and Kylie were 'dancing' on...we caught up with Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Brad Pitt, Madonna and anybody else famous you could think of!!! It was wierd because you couldn't tell who was real and who wasn't when people were posing next to them for photos!! There was a wax statue of a lady taking photos but we didnt realise she was fake so we waited for her to take her photo so we could take ours!! we soon realised she was fake, had a laugh then got some pics with J-Lo and George Clooney!!
There were so many different rooms with any celeb you could think of so I won't tell you about them all but it was definately the highlight of the day...so far!!

Back out into the real world, we walked up towards Big Ben and along the way, to my delight, there were guards in red suits outside the gates, with swords and horses!!!!! This just topped off my day!! We spent nearly 10-15mins taking photos...One of them looked like Prince Harry!!...oh and Tennille, I have that photo you requested!! I stood in front of one of them and waved, thinking they couldnt react or move but he nodded and smiled!!!!! I was in shock!! I cant wait to get my photos up on here so you can all check them out!!!!

I finally moved on from my excitement of the guards and we walked on to see Big Ben..only to find that we couldn't get inside(not that we could find!) so we took some photos and got on yet another train to go see the London Bridge. It was bloody cold outside so the walk from the train station to the bridge was a huge effort!! We got some more photos and then decided we were too frozen to go any further and we would come back on a nicer day!

Once again, 2 more trains back to the station near Mick & Di's, and a short walk to their flat....well...it would of been a short walk if we had been paying attention to where we were walking and went in the right direction!!!! Yes I will admit, we were slightly confused on where we were...but definately not lost!! We did one big circle, ended up where we started from and then tried to remember where we walked this morning. We made it back before it got dark and went and seen Bobby for a drink and some snacks. After helping Mick with the dishes, I decided to give you all an update and now I'm here, still sitting at the computer typing away...

So that has been my day so far....exciting and adventurous as always!! It's tavern night tonight so when Di gets home from work, we'll go see Bobby about some more drinks!!

To be continued....

Advertisement



26th January 2006

ok, every comment i have added on here has some type of typo. . . so i'm determined to write a really smashing one!!! OMG!!!!! You seen a wax look-a-like of J-LO!! oh kell i'm so envious!! HAPPY AUSSIE DAY, for yesterday, which is today for you i think?? hmm not quite sure on that one! i'll send u an update on the QUEANBO happenings soon, when more or something exciting has happened haha! talk soon girlies, stay safe.
27th January 2006

hey kell just read all your entries,bit late i know as usual but hey i did it!!! sounds like ur having toooooo much fun! keep it up mate!! as dad would say go aussie aussie aussie!! missing having u around luv me and oh ray and patch too
29th January 2006

Sounds Like a Killa
Hey There Buddy! Well, it certainly sounds as though your having a ball over there! Wish I could have joined you. I do hope its not too cold for ya. WOAH! Was there a wax of Matt Damon? Or Johnny Depp??? ooooh sounds awesome! Im just as jealous as Kaylz. Too bad about Aussie day, disappointing, I know. I celebrated in Sydney. Twas fun, but the fireworks were lousy :( I shall be chattin to ya soon! Be safe! Miss ya XOX I hope to hear from you soon!

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0177s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb