Back to Italy we go!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Sicily
May 10th 2013
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 38.1158, 13.3598

Today was our second (and last) sea day aboard the ship. The most exciting thing to happen was our decision to eat breakfast in the formal dining room where we met six other people with neat stories. We sat across from a couple from Australia, probably not even 25 years old yet, recently engaged, and had taken six months off from work to travel the world!! They had spent three weeks in Vietnam and some other areas of Asia prior to flying to Venice and boarding this cruise… after the cruise they will go to Luxembourg and then to the Baltics and they plan to visit every continent if possible. Amazing, huh? Kamie & I had the least amount of vacation of any couple – as usual – Americans vacation time is nothing compared to other countries. Anyway, they were really neat people and we enjoyed talking to all of them!

Otherwise… it was a long, boring day in my opinion. I handwashed lots of items in our sink and they dried quickly in the sunny weather on the balcony. I made sure everything in our room was organized, finished laundry, walked the ship a few times with Kamie, and did little else today. No good movies or shows today. I am trying to make my blog entries shorter because Travelpod is giving me errors. Having extremely limited Internet time is a pain.

I also got homesick today… for Simon. Ten days is about the maximum I can go without getting upset and terribly worried about the little guy. I told Kamie, repeatedly, we will not be gone for more than 10 days ever again.

Today we ate some sweets Kamie wanted to purchase in Greece but instead we bought them yesterday in Turkey - chocolate covered pistachios. They are sooo creamy and sooo good!! Lots of things are pistachio flavored here and we love it! We had pistachio ice cream at dinner last night and it was yummy!

After tomorrow, my blog entries may end until Barcelona. I will probably only be able to post 1 or 2 pics per day to Facebook, if that. We are exploring Sicily tomorrow on our own but then we have three days in a row of long tours… at the port of Naples we are going to Positano & driving the Amalfi Coast (9 hours)…. then we are spending an 11 hour day in Rome going inside the Coliseum & The Vatican/St Peter's Basillica/Sistine Chapel plus going to see the city center, the Spanish steps, and the Trevi Fountain, and and and…..the third long day of touring is a trip to Pisa and then to Florence. Three days, three private tours. Awesome!!

PS - We are not in Sicily yet - we are close, however. Travelpod is not liking this slow as molasses satellite Internet.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.093s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb