Palermo by Horse and Carriage and Trapani


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Sicily » Palermo
April 25th 2024
Published: April 25th 2024
Edit Blog Post

It was sunny when we left our hotel. By the time we got to Palermo it was drizzling. We parked the car and then hopped on a horse drawn carriage. We had a tour of the area and then we were dropped near one of the two fish markets. The market had numerous stands and you requested the various selections of fish, shellfish and octopus. The variety was then lightly breaded and then deep fried. It was so fresh you could taste the ocean. After our lunch we wandered through the streets enjoying the sights of various churches and fountains. We made our way to the other fish market. This one was several blocks of various fish markets along with many side dishes. Most of the stands in this area were grilling the seafood and fish. It was a very busy area with mainly pedestrian traffic and the occasional scooter, one with a family of four on it. Once we were sure that we had seen nearly everything in the Palermo downtown we headed back to the car. We decided that we would stay somewhere out of the city so we consulted Google Maps and found a nice B&B in the nearby town of Trapani. It was about an hour west of Palermo. The drive was beautiful with a mix of hills, cliffs and flatlands with a mix of vineyards, olive trees, citrus groves and wheat fields. We found our way to the B&B and after a bit of confusion we finally figured out how to open the gate. The place is family run. After checking into the room we explored Trapani and had dinner at a seaside restaurant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb