Agrigento: Valley of the Temples (and Dogs) and Siricusa


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Sicily » Agrigento
April 27th 2024
Published: April 27th 2024
Edit Blog Post

It was a beautiful sunny day today. We had breakfast at Hotel Baglio Della Luna and then went up into the tower and walked the garden area. The Italian bees were busy in the garden. We packed up and headed to the valley of the Temples. The line for tickets was fairly long but moving quickly. There were 3 major temples in the valley with large columns. There were also numerous other structures and ruins. There were several carved out stone walls that had been tombs. We had a nice walk through the valley. We stopped for lunch at a restaurant called Cacciatore. Pedro ordered a steak as it seemed like a great place for steak. They had a full variety of different types of porterhouse steaks. After lunch we drove to our next hotel Badiulo Agriturismi. We checked in and then headed into Siracusa to explore. We had a stop at the gelato shop and wandered through the narrow streets. We headed back to find our car. We passed another parking lot on the way and heard someone yelling at the lady writing out parking tickets. It was almost directly behind the police station. We headed across the street to the parking building where we had parked our Tiago. We had left the car parked and realized that we were supposed to pay at the machine and then take the ticket back to place it in the window of the parked vehicle. It seemed that only about 1/3 of the cars had the ticket in the window. We saw the line at the machine when we were leaving the building and decided to take a chance as we were not planning on staying long. We got back to the car and were glad to see that we had not gotten a ticket. We drove the 30 minutes back to the hotel and then took a walk through the lemon orchard. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant. Pasta and gnocchi.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb