In fair Verona...


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy
August 6th 2012
Published: August 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello all!

So since we last posted from the southern coast we've travelled up North. The journey up North was so unfortunate it will be being made into a film later on this year. Actresses are yet to be confirmed but expect something special. But an early start, one tram, two trains, one bus and a lot of stress later and we arrived at 'the Hotel of Chocolate and Flowers'. Thankfully itwasn't quite as romantic as it sounds (much to our relief).



It was straight into town for my birthday treat! Every year Verona hosts an open air opera festival in the Roman Amphitheatre. The opera itself was amazing but the atmosphere was completely fabulous! Being sat out with a full moon in a place that people have gathered for thousands of years to be entertained was pretty special. We all got candles to light to signify our presence at an eventthat was unique in the world which was such a nice idea until I burnt myself and both the flames went out a second later.



We didn't get to see much more of Verona because we were on the road ag ain first thing. We're in the Northern Lakes for acouple of days now for swimming, sunbathing and water sportyness. The scenery is absolutely stunning with incredibly steep mountains plunging straight into impossibly blue water. Unfortunately Nosheen was eaten by a shark but life goes on (for others).



Wish you were here.

Hannah and Nosh

X

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb