Etoy to Lezzeno (Lake Como), with a night stop in Turin


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Lezzeno
June 26th 2018
Published: June 29th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Yesterday we left Etoy and traveled to the other end of Lake Geneva (originally called Lac Lemon) where we stopped to visit Chillon Castle, this is a 1000 year old castle that sites on rock in the lake. Access was across a modern bridge, but once in the castle the was a lot of history. Its prison once held Lord Byron and has been bombed and rebuild over the centuries.

After leaving the castle and stopping next to the lake for a picnic, we headed for the mountains and Italy. We rose from 400m to 2000m and back down to 250m all in the space of 2 hours. The longest tunnel was over 6km long and seem to take for ever.

Once in Turin we found our hotel the Allegroitalia Golden Palace right in the center of the city, and for Rose, 1km walk to the central markets. Clarke used TripAdvisor to find a restaurant for dinner and what a place. La Taverna dei Mercanti is a traditional restaurant where the waiter recommended what we eat and he hit the mark perfectly. Its good to be back in Italy!!!

After a comfortable night in a hotel bed, we got up and went to a coffee shop for breakfast and then to Central Markets to stock up on lunch items and other nibbles. Then back to the hotel to check out and get in the road for a quick trip to Lezzeno and home for the next 4 nights.

But first a quick shopping stop, visit to the central church and Aperol Spritz in Como. We stocked up on Truffles for a scrambled eggs breakie tomorrow.

We got up to the Airbnb we have rented and what a surprise - our front yard looks out over the lake and across to the James Bond house also was where Star Wars was filmed, although don't discuss Star Wars with the locals and they are still pissed that their town was airbrushed out of the movie. So night we had a lovely home cooked dinner by Greg & Clarke in the front garden looking at the lake.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0969s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb