Day trip to Como


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Como
July 6th 2007
Published: July 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day trip to Como

 Europe » Italy » Lombardia » Como By MarcusR
July 6th 2007 We headed out pretty early for Como as we wanted to spend as full a day as possible there. Como is a lake about 1 hours train journey north of Milan, on the border of Switzerland and is where Star Wars Episode 2 was filmed (the lovey dovey stuff on the lake). Como is just absolutely stunning, everything is just so well kept. We booked our boat trip around the lake but it didnt leave until 1215 so we had a bit of time to have a wander about and take in the scenery. The boat trip was about 2 hours, returning us back to Como.

Some of the properties and villages we saw were unbelievable, rich buggers. I've chosen my retirement home by the way!! After the boat trip we planned on heading up the vertical tram for a panoramic view. It was interrupted slightly by Emz losing her camera, poor Emz she really was upset about it. After accepting her loss we headed up the tram. The view was pretty stunning from the top but there was a 1k walk to the vantage point. A great day overall, bar the small misshap. Como really is stunningly beautiful.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



23rd July 2007

Hello from damp and cold Ireland.
Hey its Tara, Kathlyn and I just got home last night, Glad to see neither of you to have died of hunger or anything yet. Looks like you two had a ball since we departed company. Gotta get back to work now first day in a new job just thought id drop a line :)

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb