Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
August 28th 2014
Published: August 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Italy

2013



An amazing holiday, totally loved it here.

We stayed in a hotel just outside Rome, only a short train trip away in the EuroGarden Hotel, a pretty place in a small town, which was perfect for us as we could just hop off at any random train stop and explore the less visited areas. Not that we had much time to do that, Rome itself is jam packed with things to do and see, everyday we'd be out wandering about from morning til last train back.

I should warn you though, there is alot of people out trying to scam you here 😞 the usual one is all the people offering you a free rose and then tell you its bad luck to just have one and insist you take another for a fee or as you reach out to take it that catch your wrist and tie on a friendship bracelet that you cant get off without cutting and they charge for it! haha, it was nuts. Also as you getting closer to attractions you have to queue for, they'll be people offering special deals for tickets that allow you to skip the queues, but they're all fakes and you'll end up getting there before you find out. We were lucky enough to not fall for any of these, however we did get scammed by someone who walked up while I was taking a photo of my boyfriend next to a statue, he offered to take the pic with both of us in it, we said ok and that was fine but as he handed back my camera he held his hand out for money, we guessed this would happen so we checked our pockets but found we only had 20euro notes, he said that was fine he had change and so we handed it over but then he made a big deal of our generosity and refused to give us any change, when we got annoyed and told him he couldnt have the whole 20 he suddenly didnt understand English. As you can imagine we weren't pleased, but after a couple days you'll become pro at spotting the scammers wandering about among the tourists.



Besides the main parts of Rome, I'd also highly reccomend taking a short train trip to Ostia Antica, ruins of hundreds of buildings that have been excavated, be prepaired to spend a long time here though, its a huge area to walk around but totally worth it.

The weather was beautiful, the architecture stunning and I had the best icecream of my life (handmade & cinnamon flavoured), so overall I loved my time here and would very happily go back to Italy any day 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0773s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb