B4 Travel Blog #3


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
October 11th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Location: Italy

Question: What disparity exists between social classes in this country? Does the country do anything to support the poor?

Articles: Culture of Italy

In Italy, there is a big difference between wealth in the North and in the South. The social classes in Italy are the same as they are in any society, or in the United States for that matter. Italy's unemployment rate is high, so the differences between the rich and the poor in this country are very noticeable. The most noticeable above all are immigrants since they come from other countries that are poorer, and that makes them stand out. In Italy, the catholic churches help the poor and minorities by hosting charity events, or just plain charities. The charities also help the homeless, orphans, and prisons. The Italian Red Cross and Caritas helps refugees.

The social class system in Italy is the same as the one we are used to here in the United States. In Italy, it is easy to distinguish the rich and the poor from each other. Italy does have many different ways of supporting the poor in their country. I think they could do more, like have shelters for example. I also think that doing something to help is better than doing absolutely nothing. If Italy continues to help the poor, maybe they can get enough strength to get a job, then unemployment rates in Italy will slowly decrease.

Sources:

http://www.everyculture.com/Ge-It/Italy.html

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb