B4 Travel Blog #4


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
November 22nd 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Location: Brazil

Question: What is the biggest religion in Brazil? What is done for fun in Brazil? What activities do most people participate in?

Articles: Sports and recreation

In Brazil, the main religion that is practiced in Brazil is Catholicism. 75%!o(MISSING)f the Brazilians in Brazil claim to be Roman Catholics. With this number being so high, that makes Brazil the country with the most Catholics in the world. No other place in the world has more Catholics than Brazil does. There are also 99%!o(MISSING)f the population that claim that they believe in God and only 1%!d(MISSING)idn't believe in God. Another component of their culture is the sports that the Brazilians play. The main sport that is played for fun is soccer. It's played for fun, and professionally or anything in between. That's how big the sport is in Brazil. The second main sport in Brazil is volleyball. This has just recently become the second main sport. Out of all the different sports they play, soccer and volleyball are the most played sports.

There are many similarities and differences between Brazil and the United States. One of the similarities is that Catholicism is one of the biggest religions. A difference is that there are a lot more people in the USA that do not believe in God or any other superior person like a God. There are many more Atheists or people with no religion. Also, in the United States, soccer is not the biggest sport. In the United States, Baseball, Football, and basketball are all bigger than soccer. The United States and Brazil are not that alike. In fact, they are more different than alike.

Sources:

http://www.brazil.org.za/religion.html#.Uo7hR8QuvbM

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/78101/Brazil/25115/Sports-and-recreation

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb