B4 Travel Blog #2


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 27th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Location: Italy

Question: What is the dominant religion in Italy, and how does this faith differ from Christianity?

Articles: Italy Main Religions, What is the Difference Between Catholicism and Christianity?

In Italy, there the most popular religion is Catholicism. Of all the people in Italy, about 80%!c(MISSING)onsider themselves individuals that follow the catholic religion. Although, of that 8-%!o(MISSING)nly about 30-40%!a(MISSING)ttend church regularly. They hold many feasts that celebrate and have to do with the catholic religion every year. Because of their religion, the majority of people in Italy get married at church and by priests or an original man of religion. Pilgrimage is popular in Italy. That means that every year people travel around Italy and they seek holy blessings at holy sites.

This faith is similar to Christianity, but it isn't entirely the same. For example, all Catholics are Christians, but not all Christians are Catholic. Catholicism requires their followers to never question the rituals and religion. Only the pope and bishops have access to the scriptures which tell why and how the traditions came to be. On the other hand, in Christianity, the bible is everything. Christians can ask God for forgiveness through Christ, but Catholics need a priest. Salvation of one's soul begins when they accept Christ as Gods son and as their savior. It's like a relationship, whereas Catholicism is a strict tradition.

Sources:

http://globerove.com/italy/italy-main-religions/305

http://knowledgesalad.com/useful/what-is-the-difference-between-catholicism-and-christianity/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb