B4 Travel Blog #1


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 13th 2013
Published: September 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Location: Italy
Question: What is the current political structure/government in this country/region? Who has power, and how do those in power interact with their people?

Source: "The Italian Political System"

In the country of Italy, the political system is different than what the US has. The US has a president, and so does Italy. The difference is that in Italy, the President has no real power like he does in the US. The political system in Italy is split into three different parts. The different parts are: Executive, Legislative, and Juridical. The executive branch includes the counsel of Ministers. The legislative branch includes the congress and the house. The juridical branch includes the judges, which implement laws.

In Italy, the government is not elected. Rather, it is nominated. For that reason, anyone in Italy can become the Prime Minister if they are nominated. They don't even need ONE vote from the citizens. The government has been changed around a few times over the years to try and make it better, but nothing ever really took form. The structure of the government has pretty much been the same since the end of World War II.

Source Link: http://www.lifeinitaly.com/potpourry/italian-political-system

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb