B6 Travel Blog #3


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
October 10th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What disparity exists between social classes in this country? Does the country do anything to support the poor?

There is inequality in the distribution of wealth in Italy. The country is divided in two by having the majority of the rich people living in the north and the majority of the poor people living in the south. The gap between the rich and the poor is increasing everyday. The unemployment rates have been increasing and a lot of people are struggling to support themselves. However, essential needs such as basic health care and education are provided to those in need.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/22/us-italy-economy-poverty-idUSBRE94L0AX20130522

http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Europe/Italy-POVERTY-AND-WEALTH.html

Italy overall is a wealthy country compared to others. However, a lot needs to be done to decrease the gap between the rich and the poor. The government won't be able to support millions of people that are struggling to support themselves. Therefore, with the unemployment rates increasing, people might be tempted to work in the black market to be able to make money and support themselves. It will then lead to an increase in crime.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb