B6 Travel Blog #2


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
September 26th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

How important is religion in Italy? How has people's view of their religion changed over time?

Italy is an important place for the Catholic religion. Italy is where the Vatican City is located which is where the Pope, the leader of the Catholic religion, lives. The majority of the people, 80% of the population, are catholic; however, less than half attend regular mass. Even though most of the population claim to be catholic but don't go to church on a regular basis, most of the population still practice customs within the religion. They have feasts and festivals that originated from the catholic religion, pilgrimaging to holy sights, and majority of marriages take place in a church. Other religions that are practiced in Italy are Islam and other christian faiths.

http://globerove.com/italy/italy-main-religions/305

Catholic is very important to the Italy's culture. It is part of their culture since the Catholic religion has developed and originated there. However, just like how everything in the world around us is changing, people's view towards religion is changing too. Because of the advancement of technology and people's life being so busy, people in general don't practice their religion as much as before. More than half of the Italian community that claim to be Catholic actually practice their religion on a daily basis.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb