COLOSSEUM AND PANTHEON


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 28th 2009
Published: May 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

HELLO HELLO!! So, today we got up at 7am to get ready for the Colosseum and the Pantheon. We had to get on the 8:29 train to Rome and then take the bus to the colosseum area. IT WAS SO HOTTTTT!!!! mal and i have realized that the italians do not sweat here. We got on this cramped bus for about 20 minutes and it was so hott!!!! Everyone is in my bubble!! But then we got out and went to Palatine Hill. It was the castle of Augustus. We saw where his private bath used to be and the actual marble that they used to build the castle. THEN WE WERE OFF TO THE COLOSSEUM!!! Its amazing there. We were able to see where the gladiators would prepare before battle. The size of it is just so overwhelming. Then Mallory and i decided to depart from the group and go to the Pantheon by ourselves because the group was going somewhere else and we were not part of the class anyways, we were just tagging along. And I was proud of us because we made it to the Pantheon all by ourselves. We were going to take the bus but we couldnt figure out how to know where it was going. So off we were with our enormous map and we found a taxi and we landed at the Pantheon. It is absolutely beautiful!! We saw Raffaels tomb!! Mallory says it is her favorite place so far! I think St. Peters square is my favorite. First we ate lunch right in front of the Pantheon which was really awesome! and then we went inside. After we decided to walk around Rome and attempt to make it to the train station Termini which takes you to Frascati. So, we did well with getting to Frascati but it went down hill from there. We got on the wrong train and didnt notice until after we had both woken up about 30 minutes into the train ride. We had no idea where we were at. We def got lost!!! But dont freak out yet!! So, we got off the train at its last stop walked around, asked someone to a cab, we went there and found no cab!! then we decided to get back on the train and go back to where we started. At least we got to see some pretty views!! We finally made it back!!!!! after an hour we made it to Frascati completely exhausted and very thankful we were safe!!!! Today was so long and very exciting! Talk to everyone later!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 53, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb