Some views from Frascati and Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio
May 31st 2009
Published: May 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

this is i think from where our hotel was to Vatican City. and then from Rome to Frascati

Photo 1Photo 1Photo 1

this is the church in our town of Frascati
Buona Sera!! Mal and I just got back from our vaca from our vaca. Actually we attempted to go to a place called Pompeii near Naples but...it didnt really work out that well for us. Word to the wise...if you are trying to travel in Rome during a holiday weekend and have no train tickets or anything, its best just to stay where you are and enjoy. So, thanks to michaels help (he booked our rooms) we stayed in Rome for the weekend. I will admit that it was quite nice as we had air conditioner, a tv, and our shower was amazing. We actually had water pressure and the water turned hott whenever you wanted it to. I was actually very proud of us because this time we never got lost or anything. We had to make reservations on the shuttle bus, then go to the metro, then figure out where on the metro we were going and then we got to Vatican City all by ourselves. Where we were staying was on the opposite side of Rome so we did pretty good. Once we got there, we walked around a street called Via Ottaviano which has a bunch of little shops and restaurants and of course ice cream shops. I must say that from our experience so far, the italian women are so rude!!! In one store we were at, it was almost closing time and mal and i were trying on some jackets and the woman practically tore it off of us to get us out of the store. Then, the women at McDonalds are so mean. They always make fun of us and as soon as we say something they say whatever back and then bye bye. And then they start laughing at one another. They immediately cut you off and always say bye bye and want nothing to do with us. The Italian women are not very fond of American women. One thing mal and I got to do that was really cool was that we ate ice cream in front of the Vatican. You know, just like any other regular Saturday haha!! It was really neat!! We did however get ripped off from the Taxi driver. they really take advantage of you if you dont know. He charged us about $105 for a cab ride to our hotel and when we asked the women at the front desk at the hotel (who by the way were so mean to us too) they said that we had def. been ripped off but that there was nothing we could so about it!! UGH!!! But, besides our getting lost a lot, mean italian women, unfair taxi drivers, and the money the euro has gone up to a $1.50 ( i want to cry, an apple here costs us $4...crazy!!)!! the sites that we are seeing are just breath taking!!! The italian women can be as mean to us as they want because these historic sites are just amazing!! We are now back in Frascati and i thought i would share some pictures that i havent posted yet! Ciao!! miss and love everyone!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

me in front of the church
Photo 2Photo 2
Photo 2

the italians eat with two different flavors on their ice cream cones. i had stracciatella which is cookies n' cream and then another one
Photo 1Photo 1
Photo 1

mal and i eating gelatto in front of the vatican


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb