VATICAN


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
May 27th 2009
Published: May 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

HEY everyone!! we went to Rome today and went to vatican city!!!! OH MY GOD!!! its absolutely breathtaking! right when we walked into St. Peters square I of course started to cry. I can not even explain the feeling that i got when i walked in to St. Peters square. Mallory and I continued to just ask each other if this was real. We told ourselves how lucky we were to be able to experience this and that we of course owe it all to our parents!! We were very fortunate because we got to go underground and do things that other tourists do not normally get to do. Our teacher said that they had to get permits and stuff to see what we were seeing. We got to walk on the ground that Romans first built around 300 A.D. We were also able to see what they believe to be the remains of St. Peter. I had a difficult time being underground around the catacombs because the space was so small and since im claustrophobic I was finding it very hard to breather but the teachers were very nice and very understanding. They kept checking on me and asking if i needed anything. But i got through it because there was no way i was missing the catacombs in the vatican. Oh my god we were in the VATICAN!!!! And i am very proud of mal and i because we left vatican city and got on the subway then made our way to the train and then made it to frascati all by ourselves!!! This is so amazing!!! Everything we see is a different scene. today because of the Manchester and Barcelona soccer game there were tons of people dressed in jerseys representing each team. And they kept chanting their teams fight song. It was really neat to see that. All in all today was absolutely amazing!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

the popes homethe popes home
the popes home

the 2nd window on the top row is the popes room
The Swiss army guardsThe Swiss army guards
The Swiss army guards

they have to be single, from switzerland, and christian. supposedly the outfits were designed my Michelangelo


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb