Ciao!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
July 29th 2008
Published: July 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ciao from Roma, Italia!

Wow so we never had time to write about our anniversary night in Venice...but it was THE most romantic night of my life...and one of the BEST nights of my life, in general. We started out with a great (and fairly inexpensive!) 3 course dinner at a quiet little restaurant. We had lasagna, spaghetti, salad, pork chops, calamari, and a really yummy rose wine! Then we walked around the canals for about an hour until we thought it was perfect time to do the Gondola ride. We decided to do the ride a little away from the touristy areas, because in those areas it was so congested you had 5 or 6 gondolas sharing the same canal in a line...like a Disneyland ride or something. So we brought a bottle of wine onboard and before we left, the Gondolier bought me 3 roses from a vendor! How sweet! He was really nice and told us a lot of the history of Venice and the buildings we were passing. We went at the perfect time of day...around 9 PM so the sky was fairly light when we got on, and dark when we got off. We brought a bottle of red wine onboard so we sipped our wine while we floated down the canals...we even went down the Grand Canal, and we never saw another Gondola the entire time! It was fantastic. Couldnt have asked for a better experience.

Now this is our last night in Rome. We have seen pretty much everything, the Colosseum, Sistine Chapel, Vatican, Roman Forum, Trevi Fountain, etcetc. I walk around feeling like Im in Vegas, funnily enough, but everything is real. Its amazing! Tomorrow we head to Florence. Its hot here though! Looking forward to Cinque Terre on the coast in a few days.

Sorry for the lack of pictures...I cant find a CD making place!! I will post as soon as I can. Love you all and hope you are having a great summer!!

Advertisement



30th July 2008

awwww
Katie, Katie, Katie ... kinda sorry to read about your perfect, romantic night in Venice. You have peaked at such a young age; no way to top that for romance ... downhill from here.

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb