When in Rome...


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
April 9th 2008
Published: April 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


After two days on the beaches of Nice, we boarded another night train to Rome, Italy. It wasn't really my favorite place, way too many tourists, but we did see a lot of famous sites.
We started at the Colosseum, where the gladiators used to battle lions and such. It was huge. I might even go so far as to call it colossal 😊 I was just a little bit disappointed because they were in the process of restoring it and basically rebuilding half of it, so it didn't seem all that 'real' to me. I like things to be left as they are. The queue for the tour was outrageous so obviously we passed on that.
We then visited a place called the Spanish Steps, which really serves no purpose other than for people to sit on and eat a nice bowl of gelato. Then we went to a Trevi Fountain, around which half the population of Burlington in hawkers was gathered. But it was still really pretty. Finally we made the trip out to Vatican City. It was getting kind of late, so we didn't get into the museum or anything. But we saw St. Peter's and took some pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Street PerformerStreet Performer
Street Performer

Yeah, this was a real person


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb