Roman shuffle


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
November 10th 2007
Published: November 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 21

We headed of to the colliseum early in the door by 930 before the crowds/buses showed up. This time we got the audio guide to hear the description but next time it be better with a regular guide. After an hour we moved towards the forum which is an incredible place but you really have to use your imagination to picture what was once there. Then moved over to Palantine hill which is twice as large as the forum. It seemed that we saw more there than the last time we visited. If you nose around you never know what you might find. The ruins are by far our favorite things to look at. By this time we started to get tired and hungry so back throuhg the forum and up Capitol hill and time to find a outdoor restaurant. There is so much in one area to see that it could 2 days. We then wandered across the tiber river into the Jewish quarter of Trestaverde. Small shops and restuarants until we came across the campo di fiori, where the market was just winding up. Sat back had a glass of wine and watched the cleanup, what a transformation. Within one hour every fruit and veggie stand was down and the street cleaners had it back to the square Then we found the Piazza Nuovo where there is street musicians and artists everywhere. That the last place I that thought i would see a guitar player doing a solo of Stairway to Heaven, actually it was pretty darn good. Had our choice of 4or 5 places for dinner. Found a rally nice place with a table that looked out to the square. In the middle of the square was a statue was being renovated that sat in the Circus maximus on the Appian road just south of the city. Then the long walk back, today was definately a long day. 2 days to go and I think we are starting tire a little. Off to the museum tomorrow as Laura nad Dan are going to the Vatican.

All for today ron and lissa

wine count 48

Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb