crazy rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
July 6th 2005
Published: July 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

well the rest of venice was great. had a pool day on my last day and improved my tan so now i'm relatively even!! arrived in rome a couple of days ago after a delightful 13 hour bus ride!!! it was pretty good though, we drove down beside the coast - i was slightly in awe because i haven't seen the sea since the english channel on may 1st!!! talk about withdrawals. i can't wait til my 8 days in cinque terra!! yesterday i went to the vatican museum and the sistine chapl. both very nice. had an awesome night last night. there was a small group of us at the start but then we kept expanding and ended up with about 20 of us sitting around being entertained by a group of english guys who were soooo funny. we're staying in a camping ground about 20 mins out of rome and i have my own little cabin, so far anyway, lucky me. today was mind blowing. i went to mass with the pope!!! crazy hey. there were so many people and it was all in italian so we had no idea what was going on at all but it was still an amazing experience. he went around in his little golf buggy car thingy and we were about 5 metres away from him (with lots of people between us but i swear he waved at me)!! this afternoon i went to the colosseum and villa borghese gardens. quite a nice day really. tomorrow i'm going out to tivoli (i think there are some villas and fountains and nice stuff) so i have another early start.

Advertisement



6th July 2005

5 days in Cinque Terre- I'm so envious! and all the rest too- Tivoli, audienc with the pope,etc,etc,
6th July 2005

Cinque Terre
Sorry 8 days- even more envious!!!!!!! We have a distant link with a shop owner in one of the towns, shall check with Dad. Don't forget to validate your ticket- inspectors not very friendly in C/Terre. Bye againxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb