london


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
July 8th 2005
Published: July 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

just letting you all know that i'm obviously ok considering i'm not even in the uk. it's all a bit scary though. i know quite a few people in london but fortunately no one was anywhere near any of the blasts. lots of us are going back to work eventually and so far everyone i know is sticking with their plans. the people i was sharing a room with the last couple of nights flew to london today and then they're giong home to melbourne as planned. lucky it wasn't yesterday but i imagine security at the airport will be crazy for them.
went to tivoli with caroline yesterday. very nice to get out of rome. lots and lots of fountains at villa d'este. very beautiful. i must say i'm not a huge fan of rome. probably the first place i don't really like. the buildings are great, the history is amazing, the sights are varied, but put it all together and it doesn't really work as a nice city. that's just my opinion anyway. plenty of others love it. having a very lazy day today by the pool and then i'm off to florence tomorrow. should be good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



8th July 2005

Rome
Good to hear from you Lissy, even though we knew you were in Rome- reassuring to have it confirmed. I agree with your summation of Rome, although it's a 'not-to-be-missed' city. Love Mumxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0755s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb